Apparently so, even though my brain keeps telling me it's Monday, Not Green Tuesday. Ha! I'm wrong. The calendar clearly states that today is Tuesday, March 25th.
Since I last checked in, my life went something like this: I had the stomach flu, then Paul, then me again, a little bit, then we went to Cincinnati for a check up (drove 200 miles just to pay a $15 co-pay!), went to a birthday party, enjoyed Easter, went to visit my grandmother, who had knee replacement surgery (yesterday), worked with Abbie's occupational therapist (today). Whew! I'm worn out!
Anyway, my green idea for today is reusable shopping bags. You can find some here, or now, Target is starting to sell them.
**********
Also, today I accomplished finding out what I would need to do to get my teaching certificate. I can enter a Post-Bach(elorette) program and take 8 courses, 3 hours each, and get my teaching certificate. I can also get my MAT (basically, my Master's) by taking 39 hours. I can enter the Post-Bach program, get my certificate, then complete my Master's, which to me sounds like the best option. I have 7 years to complete my Master's if I so choose.
I had hoped to get my Master's from WVU, but I don't know that they do education masters courses here where I live. I will be looking into this.
Ok, I'm now going back to my life, which still includes cleaning out closets and various storage space, at a very slow pace, and pricing all my garage sale items. I really hope this pays off! I'm planning on using my profits to get the girls' summer clothes. Wish me luck! The sale is scheduled for May 3rd.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
4 hours ago


3 comments:
I'm glad you guys are on the mend. The flu is no fun at all! It's the one time I find myself making bargains with God. =)
Reusable shopping bags are the way to go for sure! Our local Superstore was selling ones made out of recycled plastic bottles for $1, and I bought ten of them. They are great not only for groceries, but for quick day trips wth small children. What I really like is that they help me carry more groceries in at a time, so that the three year old in my care has less trips to make with me back and forth from my car to our basement suite at the back of the house. One of the grocery stores in town actually gives us a discount on our bill if we use our own bags.
Good ideas!
Have you checked to see if you can take any of these courses online? That sure would be nice!
PS..it's also nice that I can actually see the code that you have to type in to put a comment in. I really had a hard time reading them before!
Hey again....I'm sort of in the boat you were in awhile back. I have to take my blog private as of next Tuesday morning. I'd love to invite you though, if you'd like to keep connected. If you want to, just send me a note at saraorange1974 {at} yahoo {dot} com. Eventually, I'll get to explain, but for now I'll just leave it at that. Oh, the joys of drama.....
Post a Comment