Monday, March 29, 2010

Mom 2.0: Defining A Movement

2 comments:

OTRgirl said...

The last time I checked in to your blog, you were taking a break! I've got some catching up to do.

I SO hear you on the D*** Ramsey bit. It is true that sucking it up now leads to freedom down the road, but it's not fun.

Can you think of creative things that would be a vacation there in WV? Camping in New River Gorge or Dolly Sods would be beautiful. You have an amazing state, take advantage of it! Your main 'need' there is to relax and enjoy your family together. Though I hear the emotional need to bust loose and not have to worry about every penny. (I REALLY relate to that). I had to repent of how I was using money as a symbol of rebellion in my spirit. NOT fun.

Aimee said...

You know, after I posted that message, I did think of places in WV we could go for a long weekend (or two) as a family. I can't believe I've never been to the New River Gorge Bridge! How sad is that? It's right here in my back yard. Also, my grandparents have a camp that we visited last year. It is WAY remote, but we may try that again this year (the bonus being the lodging is free there!). I've been to Dolly Sods and am thinking that Abbie might enjoy it more if she were a year or two older. It also occurred to me to use money from our annual community yard sale towards a family get-away rather than more clothes for the girls.

It's interesting that you say that about money being used as rebellion, because I've done that, too. I was thinking today how much more Hubs & I communicate about money now that I've realized it isn't a power thing. He's not wanting to budget to hold me back or punish me. We are SO "the free spirit" and "the spreadsheet geek" that Dave Ramsey talks about. :-) We're literally in the baby steps, but I think once we have some of our major debt paid off, we'll be able to breathe a lot easier.

I've been thinking about you and praying for good news for you.